Now if you’ve been reading this blog for any time at all you KNOW I’m not a salad girl. I’m not a fan of most Veggies and few fruits. BUT I had an amazing salad at a baby shower a few years ago and I had to come up with my own version! I LOVE this recipe! It’s easy to make larger, and I often make a half batch for my own lunch!
This is a great recipe to make for a large gathering, a shower, a potluck, etc… it can easily be doubled or tripled. I use a rotisserie chicken when I’m in a hurry. But honestly I LOVE the flavor of it. When I’m saving money I cook my own. What is your favorite way to cook chicken? I like to saute and hate to boil (had a bad boiling chicken experience when I was pregnant with The Reader).
I finally bought myself the food processor attachment for the bosch and I couldn’t WAIT to try it out, this dressing was the first! I LOOOOOOVE it! I’ve made it in the blender, but it’s just not the same. Next up… remaking my homemade nutella!!!
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons powdered mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup olive oil (or vegtable oil, but I always use olive)
- 1-3 tablespoons toasted poppy seeds
- 2 1/2 cups shredded chicken (I get a rotisserie from costco)
- 3/4 cup crumbled bacon
- 3/4 cup candied pecans
- 1 1/2 cups Monterey Jack Cheese shredded
- 4 cups romaine
- 2 cups spinach
- Chicken Salad Dressing
- In a food processor or blender pulverize sugar. Add the mustard, salt, and vinegar. Blend until the sugar is dissolved. With the machine slowly running, gradually add oil to the sugar mixture. Remove mixture from the machine and stir in the poppy seeds. Chill for at least 20 minutes.
- Mix all the salad ingredients, stir in the dressing just before serving.(I don't quite use all the dressing)
So what’s your go to potluck or large gathering food? Honestly I usually bring a cake… but for those times they don’t want one I bring this!