This is a sponsored post, Kraft Foods sent me jars of MIRACLE WHIP and this recipe to try as part of the #proudofit campaign
If you follow me on instagram you KNOW I love burgers. I have a few favorites, I rotate through, but I always love trying new recipes so when this recipe came up I was excited to try it!
Don’t be afraid to get your hands dirty when making your own burger mix. So many people just use plain hamburger but adding extras makes a HUGE difference! My tips for burgers – don’t forget they shrink when they cook, like a lot, so make your patties wider than your buns.
- 2 lb lean ground beef
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 C MIRACLE WHIP Dressing
- 8 slices KRAFT Singles (optional)
- 8 hamburger buns
- 1/2 C MIRACLE WHIP Dressing
- 1 pkg (14 oz) coleslaw blend (cabbage slaw mix)
- 1 can (8 oz) crushed pineapple in juice, drained
- 1/4 C thinly sliced red onions
- 2 tsp Sriracha sauce (hot chili sauce)
- Heat the grill to medium heat.
- Mix the meat, garlic powder and 1/4 cup dressing just until blended
- Shape into 8 patties.
- Grill 5 to 6 min on each side or until done (160ºF).
- If you want cheese now is when you add it, just BEFORE it's done so it has time to melt
- Place on the buns
- Combine the rest of the MIRACLE WHIP, coleslaw, pineapple, red onions and Sriracha sauce
- Serve on top of the burger
So it was a little too spicy and too many veggies for my kiddos but the adults loved it. My husband, inlaws, etc… I never would have thought about Slaw as a burger topping but it totally won all the adults over. So for your BBQ’s this 4th of July make sure to have some available for everyone to try!
How do you serve burgers for your 4th of July party? I like doing a full bar, with ton’s of topping options for adults and kids alike. Lots of cheeses, condiments and now SLAW. What is your favorite burger topping? or mix in? Or do you like the sides at a BBQ better than the meat (I’m a meat lover, so it’s all about the burger for me).